Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
check out this auction for a gen III SLO with SHO wheels on it, notice the rear side markers...they are clear! the front side markers are different sizes from teh rears, so he could not have just bought 2 sets of side markers and put them on the rear. is someone making clear corners for the rear on G3's now? or did he do something custom do you think. I was going to e-mail and ask, but I thought I'd ask here first.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...8&category=6238

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
What's up with the seating? I know he says cloth up front and leather rear...but why? Looks like a police interceptor or something. Clear corners and SHO rims look good on it.

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Those are not the original rear seats. The GL trim level never had leather.

AFAIK, no one produces a G3 clear rear light. I have no Idea how he got that. If you notice, the light bulb is amber, and not red. Interesting.

Definitely email him and ask him how he got/made those. I think there would be a market for them on the TCCA.

EDIT: Oh, and I just wanted to say thanks to you McGilles. Your write-up on how to modify the G3 taillights came in really handy. I also did brad's mod to get both tails to flash as turn signals, and it looks SAWEET.

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
AFAIK, no one produces a G3 clear rear light. I have no Idea how he got that. If you notice, the light bulb is amber, and not red. Interesting.

Definitely email him and ask him how he got/made those.
I know the answer!!!! He didn't have them made, he simply ordered 2 sets of the front clear corners and just didn't use a red bulb for the rear signals. I have done this myself and the front lenses are a little shorter than the rears but they can sit inside the opening without falling out. I am using a single LED bulb for the rear corner bulbs. You can try it yourself but you'll have to live with the small area the front lenses don't cover, and BTW, it doesn't look too terrible or I wouldn't have done it myself.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I did that too...I bought two sets of FRONT clear corners and installed them on the rear too. Its not that noticable unless you are right up next to it. I have not yet seen any rear clear corner lens for the Gen III Taurus.

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Must.....have....clear.......rears!!
(Wait a minute, that didn't sound right) :fart:

Can you use APC hyperwhites on the rear corners?

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Can you use APC hyperwhites on the rear corners?
I wouldn't recommend it either. Besides, the single LED bulbs look awesome back there, and definately shed more light!

·
Premium Member
14,127 Posts
I have the clear up front and have 18w bulbs in them. I use them for cornering lights and they also come on when the car is in reverse.

Unfortunately the bulbs melt the plastic. Anyone have an idea of a clear cover I could put on the outside of the shell for the side markers that won't melt?

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Acrylic sheet?

It would be better to just replace the incandescant bulb with LEDs. buy a pack from Radio Shack, get a resistor, wire the LEDs in parallel and the resistor in before them. They will put out alot less heat and be just as bright, plus uber cooler.

·
Premium Member
14,127 Posts
I used LEDs before. In this situation I want a lot of light "thrown" out. LEDs will not project very far.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts