Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I'm looking for advice on how to repair my power seat. It stopped moving forward and back, but still raises, lowers, and tilts.
Thanks in advance,
freddiemercury98
Baltimore, MD :merc:

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I had this problem with my seat... It will freeze up every now and then but still works for the most part... All I did was spray a little WD 40 on the gears/tracks and that seems to help it a bit... Sorry I can't help more!

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
It's two different electric motors. They may be two of the same motor, but forward-backward takes more power and may have burned that one out... assuming you've checked any applicable fuses.

On my 98, it sometimes needs help getting started (that is, I have to manually push it forward or backward, then it gets up enough gumption to keep on moving the seat). This is even after I lubed the seat track.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
QUOTE (OldWagon @ Mar 28 2009, 07:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=713221
It's two different electric motors. They may be two of the same motor, but forward-backward takes more power and may have burned that one out... assuming you've checked any applicable fuses.

On my 98, it sometimes needs help getting started (that is, I have to manually push it forward or backward, then it gets up enough gumption to keep on moving the seat). This is even after I lubed the seat track.[/b]
YES! I totally forgot about that lol... Usually I have to move my seat back after someone borrows my car, or I am vacuuming under my seat and it will freeze up... I just have to push back and it will slow start grinding back... Then it usually can go the rest of the way itself...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, thanks! And sorry I didn't reply to you all sooner.
Have you experienced the seat being off track? Mine is all the way back, and I can't get it forward even after WD 40 and someone pushing the seat from behind while I push the button forward. I can see a gear turning though.
Thanks,
freddiemercury98

1 - 5 of 5 Posts