Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 99 SE two days ago. I use to have a Contour SE with the 2.5 V6 and I wanted to know how hard it would be to take out the Vulcan 3.0L and swap it for the Duratech 3.0L? My car has 130,000 on it already and I want to be ready to tune it up when I start to have problems.

Thank you for your time,
Chris Carr

G

·
Welcome to the club. B)

To do that swap, you'd have to switch wiring harnesses and your ECM, I'm not sure how difficult any internal wiring may be as far as hooking up the harness. I think the tranny will bolt up, but depending what tranny you have, you may or may not want to use it...

FWIW, vulcans can be had dirt cheap and it would probably be a pretty easy swap to put a vulcan back in. :)

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking that in time if I put in the Duratech I could try to fit the Turbo they make for the V6 Contour on to a 3.0L Taurus. :zoomsmiley:

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Ah... you have defected from the FCO and joined the TCCA.... welcome to the darkside :ph34r:

The Vulcan/Duratec swap can be done, but it is not easy. One member has done it with his Gen 4 model. After doing so, he recommends buying a Taurus with a Duratec already in it. There are many differences other than the engine and PCM.

I thought you were living abroad?

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Originally posted by carraudio@Aug 1 2004, 07:46 PM
I was thinking that in time if I put in the Duratech I could try to fit the Turbo they make for the V6 Contour on to a 3.0L Taurus. :zoomsmiley:
welcome to the land of not more bolt ons.....the turbo wont fit our cars without a new set of manifolds being made......

Brad

1 - 6 of 6 Posts