Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a tape stuck in my tape player and I tried everything i could to pull it out. I finally got the tape out with a flatehead screwdriver and some pliers I had lying around. Now I need a new ICP because when I accidently pulled it out and buttons went flying everywhere. Now I can't listen to the radio or control my a/c...obviously. lol Some I've been looking online and calling local Ford Dealerships to see if i can get a new one or refurbished one. I'm having no luck on either end...anyone got any ideas on where to find one? My next stop is a few local junkyards. i forgot to mention it is the ICP with the automatic a/c control and not the manual one. If it was the manual one I don't think I'd have a problem finding one of those on ebay.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found 3 of them on Ebay. I'm assuming they are easy to install. Possibly plug and play? The highest was 300 bones and the lowest was like 114 and some change.

·
Super Moderator
8,588 Posts
That's a little pricey in my opinion. Find a good used one at your local wreckers.
Those Ebay ones are more than a little pricy, the prices are WAY high. U pull it JY should cost maybe $40 at the most.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
No on the interchangeable. Ive never given more than $19-25 at a pick n pull for an auto eatc.
Same here!

IIRC< there is some famous Self Serve junkyard in Maryland...wish I could remember the name...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Same here!

IIRC< there is some famous Self Serve junkyard in Maryland...wish I could remember the name...
^is it Crazy Ray's?

And damn, I was hoping it was interchangeable...that might have opened up some head unit options for me. Wishful thinking I guess.

Also is it plug and play on taking the old one out and putting the new one in? Hopefully it should be an easy thing to do.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Yea! Crazy Rays, saw it on a TV show awhile back.

Make sure you get a "football" from a 96-7 EATC unit that has the CD changer buttons. 98-99s have a different plug setup on the back (although an intermediate harness was made to solve this years ago, no idea if it's still around, BabySHO would know).

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,405 Posts
While you're at it since you will have the ICP out. Look for a woodgrain panel surround from a Sable. It really sharpens up the interior. get the H/L wood grain, while you're at it. THe H/L switch just pulls out to replace the trim. BTW mine only cost 6 bucks for both..Just sayin'...
To get a look at mine go to my garage at Taurusowners to see it, if you want.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts