Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, these items are free, BUT you must pick them up, I will not ship them. If nobody is interested, they are going to the salvage yard.

Front and rear bumpers from my 97 GL. Good condition. Scratches, but not cuts or tears. Color is Toreador Red

Interior from my 97 GL - Cloth. Both front seats / rear set (fold down and arm rest) and center console. Good condition - some marks from storing, but no rips and burns. The marks you see are from items that learned up against it in my shed. Most likely can be washed out or carpet cleaned. LOL - sorry about the insect that landed on the pass seat.

[attachment=33433:tbs.jpg]

[attachment=33436:fs.jpg]

[attachment=33434:rs1.jpg]

[attachment=33435:rs2.jpg]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Some pics of the interior when it was in my car...

[attachment=33442:nc_001.jpg]

[attachment=33443:SHOguages_034.jpg]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Last chance "bump" as I will be dropping these off at the salvage yard this weekend.

I will also try to list a lot more Gen III Stuff listed by this weekend. Finishing the basement and I have too many boxes of parts and really need to move them.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have several cargo nets (some black, some grey). I don't believe any of them came from a Gen III though, (IIRC, I grabbem them from a Gen II & a Gen IV). Did they make them for Gen III's? I'll try an post everything I have by the weekend.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Yeah. Gen 3 nets are a lot bigger than the others though.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Yeah. Gen 3 nets are a lot bigger than the others though.
Sean, do you have any pics of a factory Gen III Cargo Net Installed? I know the Gen IV had the plastic 'hooks' built into the trunk trim piece, but have never seen a Gen III factory set up. The Gen IV trunk trim piece is not directly swap-able into ta Gen III.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Will these seat and center console fit my 93 with some modifications?

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,405 Posts
Sean, do you have any pics of a factory Gen III Cargo Net Installed? I know the Gen IV had the plastic 'hooks' built into the trunk trim piece, but have never seen a Gen III factory set up. The Gen IV trunk trim piece is not directly swap-able into ta Gen III.
Tom, I happened to find a Gen 3 with the cargo net...hooks anyway. The hooks replace one of the plastic "buttons" on each side of the trunk opening..they are kind of a "T" shaped hook. didn't find the net however.
They are still available as new OEM from some Ford OEM parts websites , if you're interested, just go to a Ford OEM parts site and lookup 1997 Taurus then in the key word search just put cargo net.
It is available from some dealers, it comes with the net and hooks. There is an illustration of it in the parts catalog .

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am not 100% sure. Maybe another member can tell us. I'll see what I can find out w/ some searching.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tom, I happened to find a Gen 3 with the cargo net...hooks anyway. The hooks replace one of the plastic "buttons" on each side of the trunk opening..they are kind of a "T" shaped hook. didn't find the net however.
They are still available as new OEM from some Ford OEM parts websites , if you're interested, just go to a Ford OEM parts site and lookup 1997 Taurus then in the key word search just put cargo net.
It is available from some dealers, it comes with the net and hooks. There is an illustration of it in the parts catalog .
Thanks Don! I'll see if I can find some OEM Ford Sites that have them. I'll see if I can dig through my cargo net collection too for you

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
You may need a hammer to assist with the seats getting to properly fit (IIRC people in the past mentioned the mounting points on the floor were hardly different, but different enough to need a hammer or something...) Member JohnTaurus posted about putting G3 seats in his G2 awhile back.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There is another member giving away a grey cloth Gen III set of front and rear seats. He is in Rhode Island. Checkout the Northeast Chapter. Maybe that is relatively close compared to me in SE PA.

Goodluck, I don't see many Gen II "Police Package" Taurus' around

·
Registered
50 Posts
Do you still have the interior? I'm currently trying to find a way to make a 5 hour trip from Bradford :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts