Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need the rectangular lid for the flip console - the hinges on mine just broke beyond repair....:(

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,405 Posts
Check your local junkyards.. I haven't seen any in my local junkyards that had a good hinge still on them. Must have been a common problem.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Those are always hard to find. When I had my '99 it came with a phone console and I wanted to change it to stock. Back in 2002 before the pull a part lots, it cost me $35 for a mint insert from a JY then and then most of them were broke then too. I will be going to the local pull a part this week, i'll keep an eye out for you.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Don2775, but not practical to ship half way around the world. I'll hold out for just the part I need - small, light and flat.

Added 2007 Dodge Magnum SRT8 to the stable today. Now just waiting for the boat to arrive.... :D

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Thanks Don2775, but not practical to ship half way around the world. I'll hold out for just the part I need - small, light and flat.

Added 2007 Dodge Magnum SRT8 to the stable today. Now just waiting for the boat to arrive.... :D
I went to the junk yard today and must have looked in 30 gen3 bulls, and everyone with the flip console, the lid was busted off. I was going to recomend the floor shift conversion becasue I saw 3 gen3's with floor shift consoles. But seeing where you are, shipping would be alot.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
I'll check again this morning..I know of a mom and pop yard that is not so well scavanged...i'll let you know by tonight. I might have some luck there. I'll grab 2 if I can find any.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
I found a lid...would you also like the springs and pins? I found some that were still on a couple of consoles.

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
I have been collect them for a long time now. I will par away for the right price. The lid still available but the pin and springs .... those are difficult to find as a set.

Lucky.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Flip console

after an extensive search I was lucky to find a lid locally complete with springs and pins for spare. I have decided to install only one of the springs to reduce the load on the hinges - and it still functions as intended. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts