Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a molded dash kit for a gen 3? If so, do you mind positing pictures? I am thinking about getting one

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
duratecchie has one for sale. Pretty cheap too, if I remember right.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i don't mean the radio dash kit...it's like where it covers the doors and radio and the air surrounds and stuff like that

·
Registered
486 Posts
Your talking about the carbon fiber kit right? The one that goes on ur handles, and the stuff that you already mentioned? I think venom has one of those kits in brushed aluminum. I may be mistaken on the memebers name but i do know that someone here definitly has that kit. I am thinking about getting the Blue carbon fiber one myself.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by mth676@Mar 18 2004, 12:07 PM
Your talking about the carbon fiber kit right? The one that goes on ur handles, and the stuff that you already mentioned? I think venom has one of those kits in brushed aluminum. I may be mistaken on the memebers name but i do know that someone here definitly has that kit. I am thinking about getting the Blue carbon fiber one myself.
yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about...any pics?

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
I remember someone having it on their Gen4...(dant98? I dunno). IMO the parts for the dash were ok, you would hardly think they were aftermarket. The parts for the switches however, they seemed a little tacked on because you will notice that the insert sits above the surface and not flush to it, and that there are spaces in between the switches were the insert doesnt cover.

The pattern that was used was brushed aluminum as well. I would go with that rather than carbon fiber - some of the cf patterns are really fake looking (its just like painted crisscross lines) and you can spot it from outside.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Your signature says you want a new nickname for your car. I think Just DOCH. Like Buggs Bunny always says. "What's up, Doch?"

·
Registered
29 Posts
exoticwooddash.com had a carbon fiber kit for gen 2's, but I don't know if they have one for a gen 3. It's worth a look.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by SpeedyGreeny@Mar 18 2004, 04:48 PM
Your signature says you want a new nickname for your car. I think Just DOCH. Like Buggs Bunny always says. "What's up, Doch?"
I like you idea...I was thinking Hoss...but DOCH is cool too..but would it work if it were dohc?

·
Registered
702 Posts
oops- I can't spell worth a damn. But yes, Dohc is good, too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts