Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it true its illegal to have a Photoshop PSD of the GEN 3 Instrument Cluster Gauges?

That sucks, I would definitely make some custom ones for anyone who wanted one.
If its not illegal, would anyone have any PSD's so I can create some badass gauges?

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I have a spare set of stock gauges... I can scan them for you, if that's what you are looking for?

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
I don't think it's illegal. It's just more work than anyone wants to do. For the G3, there's three sets of gauges so be specific (speedometer, mainly).

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Oh forgot about that, I have a set from a 97 Vulcan. Goes to 110 in 10mph intervals IIRC

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would need the Duratec Gauges, anyone want to scan them? I will release any modified gauges I create :)

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
You would have to remove the cluster from the car first and then dismantle it piece by piece to get to the inner parts. Then you remove the needles and the control mechanisms to get the gauge face out. Then you scan that. Installation is reverse of removal.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It has been done: SHO Source
[/b]
Thats awesome, except some people don't have the money to buy some of your gauges :p. I am trying to provide a free source of modifications. Don't hard feelings hopefully :p.

I will try this tomorrow, I am going to remove my cluster and get it scanned.

·
Registered
276 Posts
BAMPU!

Seriously, I must has the .psds for the vulcan/duratorks cluster, preferably 2000, 01, 02 03 and 04 (fuel/temp, speed and tach)

Gonna play around with some ideas if anyone's got the old gauge faceplates sitting around

1 - 11 of 11 Posts