Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, I can't find the clear side markers for the gen 3 on ebay anymore. my driver's side lens was destroyed, and the body shop needs them to put back on. so I need to buy a new set as soon as possible. doesn't matter that its more expensive on most online stores, they have to pay actual cost of replacement. now, I know there are two differnet types of these lenses, the pure clear or crystal looking lenses, and the reflector type. I need links to any online stores where I can buy a set of these lights, I'd like to find somewhere to buy a set of each one, so I can take a closer look and decide which style I want to get, I have the reflector ones, but as long as I have to buy new ones anyway, I might like to go with the others, since they would match the front signals better that way. so if anyone that knows where they are sold, please post up a link for me here. thanks!

(yes, I did try to search for this...found nothing, but I know that some links have been up here in the past, I just can't find them now)

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks! I should have thought to check on procarparts, that's where I got my first set, they were selling them on ebay. also found them on Nopi, but procarparts and maktoautotrends are both cheaper, not that it really matters. but why pay more/

anyone have a link to the crystal clear style ones?

·
Registered
233 Posts
What purpose do those side marker lenses serve? Do you guys have to have them over there by law or something? Here like no cars have them, except when they are imported from the US.

Julian

·
Registered
308 Posts
What purpose do those side marker lenses serve?
The Cool Factor. Oh I'm sorry, the Bling Bling Factor! ;)
Do you guys have to have them over there by law or something? Here like no cars have them, except when they are imported from the US.
No we don't. But if the cops really wanted to bust on people, they probably could. I'm not sure.

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Originally posted by Firespirit@Jun 16 2004, 10:24 AM
They just don't mess with us because it's a Taurus and not some lil itty bitty civic, or neon, or cavalier jotting through traffic and sounding like a swarm of a million bees! :)

Although, I have gotten some thumbs up from some police as I drive by at dusk :)
they always messed with me. <_<

·
Registered
127 Posts
hehe...i have the same problem....but they really havent said anything to me...black car...chrome and dark black tent, clear corners with green bulbs all the way around, green underbody, green fog lights, green windshield washer, just got black out head light covers, flamed tail lights, neons on the inside, green strobes in the wheels....o and now with spinners they think im a drug dealer...

·
Registered
193 Posts
That's why I want to keep my aesthetics changes to a minimum. I don't want any unwanted attention, and the ricers will really be crying because they will know for sure it was a Taurus that just kicked their a$$ (much like the Z3 I raced the other day that had a real hard time pulling away from me)! :banana: :chili:

That's another story...

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Hey Raver,
Maybe it's because they thought you were driving the Storm Troopers Car and they wanted an autograph! You should have dressed like Princess Leah! :D
(Just Kidding, LOL!) That was a cool @$$ ride you had though.

Wait......hiddnen, you put spinners on a Taurus :huh: . Got a jpeg of it?

·
Registered
127 Posts
well actually all i searched for was taurus clears and a bunch of stuff came up and i noticed all of hte actual clear corners all had hte word euro in the title. :)

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Originally posted by gryphon1011@Jun 17 2004, 11:25 AM
Hey Raver,
Maybe it's because they thought you were driving the Storm Troopers Car and they wanted an autograph! You should have dressed like Princess Leah! :D

thanks!

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
I need another set of the crystal ones. I put the`18w bulb in too far and melted the ones I have. I also have some of the reflector type. I prefer the crystal ones.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Originally posted by gryphon1011@Jun 17 2004, 10:25 AM
Hey Raver,

http://www.taurusclub.com/gallery/displayi...m&cat=&pos=-169

1 - 20 of 28 Posts