Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have heard anything about the progress towards the Gen.3 Taurus/Sable body kits? I was just wondering how long the process will take according to this kits ... cuz 3 days ago I sent an email to Andy's Auto Sport regarding to the kits and I havent received any replys from him? Anyone knows how much longer will take?

Thanks,

Frank. :(

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
I emailed them on the 9th of this month (14 days ago) about the Gen3 Kit and they have never emailed me back. <_<

*** edited for spelling ***

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well probably they still are making them I guess. Probably someone will know whats up with the kits ...

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Oh i'm sure they are still working on it. There was a post in the other thread about it today or yesterday that said just that.

I was just a bit ticked that i wrote a nice professional email to them about the gen3 kit with suggestions and questions and still haven't received a response and others have typically received a response in 2 days or less it seems.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was looking around the forums and I saw someone posted about the kits and they said they are coming soon ... so I guess we have to wait to see whats up with the kits ... i just hope the kit they are doing doesnt look too ricey for the gen.3 otherwise im excited and waiting to get it :banana:

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by sable97@Jun 23 2004, 08:36 PM
i just hope the kit they are doing doesnt look too ricey for the gen.3 otherwise im excited and waiting to get it :banana:
Same here

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
guys, u have to remember. designing a body kit isnt easy. its not just stretching plastic. people spend countless hours drawing them up on many programs, and figureing out bolting locations, how its goin to mount up on existing bumper or bumper support. then there is making the mold, finding all the other stuff, blah blah. its not an overnight process.. i thing 4 months for just the 1st prototype would be fast.

of course, thats just me and my experiance from what i have learned at my job at a plastic company that makes car parts.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by SilverKnight@Jun 23 2004, 09:22 PM
guys, u have to remember. designing a body kit isnt easy. its not just stretching plastic. people spend countless hours drawing them up on many programs, and figureing out bolting locations, how its goin to mount up on existing bumper or bumper support. then there is making the mold, finding all the other stuff, blah blah. its not an overnight process.. i thing 4 months for just the 1st prototype would be fast.

of course, thats just me and my experiance from what i have learned at my job at a plastic company that makes car parts.
Oh i'm well aware of how much work goes into the process. I'm not stressing when it will be coming out i was just wasn't happy about the fact i haven't heard back from them when it seems like everyone tends to hear back from them in such a short amount of time.

The way i figure it is, it will come out when it comes out ;)

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I figured out about the progress of the kits coming on the way ... But like hightecredneck said since a few people around probably havent heard in the kits. Well if we want the kits then I guess we have to wait until it comes out in the market since its not a project they could do in a week or something. But i just hope the kits from Andy's comes out like the same one put on in the Taurus Rage - will look awesome, plus will be very nice having this kit since a few of us dream and like the Taurus Rage. :lol2:

Although SableSal photoshopped the Gen.4 kit to his Sable and which I think will look good on the sable though ... so I like what he did.

Frank

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just it doesn't take too long at all in the kits though. But if you have contacted them for a week or two and received responses from Andy's bout the progress then I could wait patiently until it comes out. I am so excited and probably a few people in here waiting for this kits to come out, plus for them in hearing us in our requests for these kits for our Taurus/Sable. I hope they will not take very long producing the kits since I havent received responses from them but the most important fact some people here know they are producing them ... :banana:

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Patience my young padwon. :lol: Rather they take their time and have a killer kit then rush it and make it look like crap.

I'd just like to see a picture of what they have so far. Deltar, you should see if they can give you a sneak peak and then share it with us. :coolgleam:

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by TrueBlue@Jun 24 2004, 08:39 AM
Patience my young padwon. :lol: Rather they take their time and have a killer kit then rush it and make it look like crap.

I'd just like to see a picture of what they have so far. Deltar, you should see if they can give you a sneak peak and then share it with us. :coolgleam:
:withstupid:

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Its definitely worth to wait for the kits patiently. But Im just really concerned if they come up with something too ricey for our bulls/sables :unsure: . So if they do which I hope not, probably some of us will be dissapointed with that but thats my opinion. Hope it doesnt take too long though so therefore we have to wait patiently as they still producing them.

Frank

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'll wait till hell freeeeeeze's over and all that good stuff.

(and if they need a car to "fit - alignment test" then they can call me 1-843-597-3096)

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
I would think it would be in their best interests to keep the kit subtle. They'll sell a lot more if they do.

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
I don't know about the Gen 3 kit but I just got an email from them about the Gen 4 and I was told they were still in developement. I was trying to get some dimensions of the cut outs in the rear so I don't have to move the new exhaust setup when I get the kit.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by 3-fords1000@Jun 25 2004, 01:47 PM
I don't know about the Gen 3 kit but I just got an email from them about the Gen 4 and I was told they were still in developement. I was trying to get some dimensions of the cut outs in the rear so I don't have to move the new exhaust setup when I get the kit.
We could be talking about two different things here but Andy's already has a Gen4 Kit, it came out middle of last month.

http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=5720

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:unsure: Umm ... thats really weird why he might have told you that but he's selling the Gen.4 kits as for now. They came out like hightech said ... I think it was a month ago or so. As some of us already know, he's currently making the kits for the Gen. 3 and someone said they will be out about next month or a little longer I guess.

Frank

1 - 20 of 66 Posts