Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks!!
I'm one of the newest TCCA members and recently purchased my first Taurus ('92). I've had plenty of trouble this first week. Here's the big problem and I have to fix this ASAP!!

I was driving around town and the tranny started to slip going into second gear. I pulled off the road pretty quickly and parked the car off the road in an empty parking lot, put in park, got out and looked under the car to find tranny fluid pouring out from what appeared to be coming from behind the tranny pan. At the same time, there was so much coming out it was hard to tell. So I shut it down, locked the doors and started walking....

The car gets towed the next morning before I could get to it...($75)

I go to get the car out of the impound lot armed with a case of tranny fluid and a funnel. 4 Quarts got it back up to normal....oh yeah, and there wasn't a drop under the car from it sitting there. I drive the car back to my work with a friend following me to spot any spillage...nothing. I get to work (5 miles or so) and still not one leak. I parked it there for the night. Went back today fired it up, let it idle...not a drop. Drove it home, checked all the pan bolts and found that only one bolt was just slightly looser than the rest, but not enough to cause a leak (maybe half a turn loose).

So what's going on here?? Could it have over heated? Is there a chance it was over full to start with and it decided to barf and extra 4 quarts out of spite? I'm vaguely familiar with automatic transmissions and prefer not to work on them, but I'll do what I need to. Any help or tips will help.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

1 - 1 of 1 Posts