Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many bulbs does the gen 2 sho cluster use for general illumination and what size are they? My new gauge faces have clear lettering, so I want to try changing the back light color.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, but my problem is I have the tach cluster. I still have my old cluster sitting around, but I forgot to count the bulbs in the SHO cluster before I installed it. I have it installed in an ATX with a column shifter. I'm not worried about the warning lights, just the illumination lights. Thanks, though.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, there are 5 regular illumination bulbs, 1 bulb for the column shifter indicator, and 15 for the various warning lights. That makes a total of 21 #194 bulbs.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright, I just finished installing them. I also tried using them for the dummy lights in addition to the backlights, but that didn't work right. Only the turn signals, high-beam indicator, and the fasten seatbelt lights worked right. I have decided this is due to the low current draw of the leds. I reinstalled the #194 bulbs for the dummy lights. I discovered that the cheap heating/air conditioning controls use 2 #194 bulbs as well, so I put a pair of my extra white leds in there. I learned that if you replace an incandescent bulb with a white led behind something that normally glowed blue-green, it will glow blue instead. Because of this, I would like to replace the #37 (one behind each:defrost switch, Radio control, Headlight switch, Dimmer control) with white leds, but i can only find #74 shaped leds (will these work instead?). I did not see a bulb or led in the clock to replace. I believe the fog-light switch in the SHOs will also take a #194.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts