Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about this the other day..I think my taurus would look one off if I could get my hands on a police push bar or bull bar or grill guard...whatever you should call it. Especially after a nice flat black paint job...

I have done some searching but havent really gotten any good leads or any good results.

I figured I would ask if anyone on here might know where I could look for one other than at the junk yards and auctions? Maybe on online place or a retail store specializing in police parts reproduction.

Any info would be great

Thanx

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
I just did a simple SEARCH on police supply, you can check out companies like this and call them to see if they have taurus specific applications.

http://swps.net/vehpar.html

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Originally posted by silvapain@Dec 29 2004, 12:07 PM
I would find out if it's even legal to have that on your car. I don't know for sure, but Iv'e got a feeling that it's not.
Not that I know for sure or anything, but why would it be illegal? Trucks have brush guards, so why can't cars? I would imagine that the companies that make them could sell them to the public without any problems. I know I have seen one on a 2nd Gen Police car before though.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I am pretty sure that they are legal, however you must make sure they do not block the headlights.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found a local police supply company and I am going to give them a call and see if they can help me out...they also do custom push bars for police vehicles. The only question is will they do it for me? I couldnt find any pictures of the push bar on a second gen only the first gen. Thanx for the help guys.. :ph34r:

Robert

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
I think the push bar varies by police department and who they contact to get the cars. I'm sure they're gonna have to cut some holes in you bumper to mount them.

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
My ex-CHP crusier came with push bars and spotlights. You could make out where the CHP emblem was on the door and Highway Patrol on the back. The 1974 Fury was still painted black and white and had the cerified speedo. It hauled a** and ate gas too. I had other CHP's wave at me going the other way. I could speed with impunity.

Bob

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
When I had my GEN2 Wagon, I looked into this but ended up empty handed. It was a cool idea. Every police supply I talked to said to check the salvage yards.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
I wouldnt pay more than like 100 bucks for it. Honestly even if its custom the circular or square tubing that you would use is dirt cheap all your paying for is the time to put it together, the bends and welds.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
I dunno... I really don't dig that Gen 1 cop car... maybe that's just me, though... I think a 1' lift and a cowcathcer on a wagon would look sweet, though...

:evil:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Racer X, what are those small hubcap things you have on the wheels?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts