Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an awesome feeling that no one has ever tried to integrate a police grill into a Gen 3, so since I am still in the prep stages of the body kit, anybody got one for sale? I think this would look a million times better than that plain oval in the front of this incredible body kit I have. I really like the look that these police grills give the Gen 2s and would like to have a little "bloodline" in the redesigned model. Please, somebody sell one to me!

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Not to rain on your parade, but there's no way this is going to work. have you looked at the differences in the front ends of the GenII's and the GenIII's lately? And I think you mean the GenI popo grille, because the GenII isn't anything special.

Just no way........
http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Oct/20041097645772972793152.jpg' alt='' width='400' height='300' class='attach' />[/url]
[url=http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/37526/fullsize/taurus_pic.jpg][img]http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/37526/fullsize/taurus_pic.jpg' alt='' width='566' height='424' class='attach' />[/url]

But if you can prove me wrong, AND make it look good, props to you.

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just no way........
I'dlike to remind you that there's this stuff bodyshops use, it's called fiberglass.

As far as makin it look good.......got that covered!

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
And there are also things called curves. Heard of 'em before? The GenIII has them, the GenI does not. I have no doubt you can make a mold of the GenIII front bumper and work on it from there, cutting the slats out to make it look like the GenI popo grille, but actually trying to use the GenI grille would be the wrong way to go IMO.

I don't know which of these methods you plan on using, but trying to put a flat GenI grille on the curvy GenIII will look like @ss.

Also I'm not trying to be an @ss, just doesn't seem like it'll work too well. Especially with the number of people that pop up all the time with their magical mods that never get done.

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe the only opinion that counts about what my car looks like is MINE. I just posted a WTB and got bashed for it. Sorry if you think it's gonna look like ass, but I never actually said what I was gonna do with it, other than integrate. Doesn't mean I can't use the same curves the car has and just do some cuttin for the slats and the oval emblem holder (just as you said). Next time before bashing someone, find out what exactly their intentions are. I appreciate the criticism though: it just wouldn't be TCCA without it!

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
I would hardly consider it bashing. Bashing would be me calling you a douche and telling you to stop making us all dumber with your retarded ideas. Now THAT would be bashing.
I was trying to help out by giving my opinion. Most people want to know what others think first before screwing something up (no, I'm not saying you will), and most people want others to like their car too.

Now here's a real idea/comment. Forget the GenI grille all together. Make a mold of the GenIII front end (without the big oval of course) and work on it from there with whatever ideas you have in mind. Finding a popo grille isn't exactly the easiest task in the world, as they're usually pretty hard to find.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
I don't see how this could get locked. Am I making a personal attack or anything? No. I'm trying to get my point through. Sorry for having opinions. This is the sh!t I'm always talking about.........

......and to make sure this isn't a totally pointless post like some of the others, check shoforum.com, shoclub.com, and e-bay if you do want to find a popo grille, though like I said, they are tough to find usually.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts