Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright what I need to know is what can I do with 250 bucks for the performance of my engine and I do not care about efficeincy or wear on the engine at all. I want all the possible power out of this car for cheap and also to be still functional in all other aspects. And also could a stock gen 2 beat an 1985 Mercury Courgar regular style. One of my friends thinks he can beat me and Im preety sure I can unless theres something someone is not telling me about that car.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If it's the Cougar I'm thinking of it probably has a 3.8L V6 which would probalby beat you. If it was an XR7 - you would lose for sure.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its a 5.0 v8 but its soooo heavy, last time we went out it turned like a boat so I am preety sure I can beat him because I have a lighter car with about the same horsepower.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I had a 3.8 Taurus it raced Thunderbird with a 5.0, but I did a ghetto straight pipe...no muffler, and a CAI. It was close but I got him by about half a car length...

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
:picard2:

·
Super Moderator
8,279 Posts
85 5.0 Cougar is CFI, and, I believe, rated at 140 HP, around 260 TQ. Gearing is 2.73. Curb weight around 3300, similar to the Taurus. If both are stock, should be a close race.

Jack the base timing on the Bull up by a few degrees (free) and run 93 octane to keep detonation under control. Advancing base timing should give you a couple more HP if you stay out of detonation. Take any excess weight out of the car.... empty all the crap in the trunk (including spare and jack) and back seat, have the has tank a little under 1/2, dont take a passenger.

If you value your driving privelages (and you life), do NOT race on the street. Take it to the track!!!!

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
how did he even find this? lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts