Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a pair of the LX/SE disco ball headlights for my Gen 2, and I thought it was a direct replacement. I Guess I was wrong, as many of you already knew, the parking lights fit right in, but the headlight bulbs don't fit the same. The locking ring doesn't fit on the new headlight assembly.

So, do I just need a different type of locking ring to hold it in, or do I need a new wiring harness for the bulb? Also, where do I get the different part from?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, so I searched and I searched and I searched some more in the old posts (I hate the search system so much, it's always so hard to find things) and I guess that there is a different type of locking ring, but where do I get it. The auction I bought the lights from didn't include them. Do I even need the locking rings?

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
I would imagine the stealership could get the part.... not sure how much though.
As I put mine in, I broke one of the ring's tabs off. So, I drilled three holes equidistant around the ring and put in machine screws. That held the bulb just fine.

IIRC you probably will need the rings though. Try an online parts store too.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do the LX/SE headlights still use the same 9007 headlight bulbs? They don't seem to fit quite right.

·
Registered
108 Posts
had the same problem LOL........i was sooo mad that day. a** u proll yknow now not only are the headligh bulb mounts differnt the mounts to hold the headlights in are different( ford didnt do tooo well designing those

·
Registered
35 Posts
Wheeee I can finally help out!!!
I had the same problem... go to your local wrecker and get the rings off any 96-99 they are the same as the ones on the g2 discoballs! I found mine on some shattered lights and they just gave them to me. Good luck!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! I'lll look this weekend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts