Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a silver frost color front bumper with cornering lights. Im also looking for a silver frost trunk lid with spoiler. Iv looked around here and i can find red or blue bumpers but it will cost over 300 bucks to have them painted so i need exact color ones, preferably at a low cost because i know it will cost allot to ship.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
IIRC, the cornering lighs are part of the Sable/SHO turn signal assembly which fits into the fender.

If that is true, you need to get Sable or SHO fenders as well.

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
i have a silver frost sho spoiler sitting off my old car. i also have the gray interior rear deck panel to get rid of 3rd brake light. $75 plus shipping for both peices.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
How do you know hes looking for a SHO front bumper and corner lights? unless silver frost is only a SHO color or something. But it says he has a 3.8 so...

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
IIRC, the cornering lighs are part of the Sable/SHO turn signal assembly which fits into the fender.
[/b]
No.

The '92 LX had optional cornering lamps in the bumper.

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
There aren't any silver frost bumpers in '92 though, are there? You'd have to paint it...I think they only came gray and brown. ;dunno:

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
There aren't any silver frost bumpers in '92 though, are there? You'd have to paint it...I think they only came gray and brown.
[/b]
That was only on the L and GL. The LX got body-color bumpers.

However, there was no silver frost in '92... just regular silver so it'd still have to be painted to completely match.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<div class='quotemain'>There aren't any silver frost bumpers in '92 though, are there? You'd have to paint it...I think they only came gray and brown.
[/b]
That was only on the L and GL. The LX got body-color bumpers.

However, there was no silver frost in '92... just regular silver so it'd still have to be painted to completely match.
[/b][/quote]

There are two identical 1995 silver frost Taurus SEs in my town that have painted front bumpers with cornering lights, so i know they exist. Both of these cars also have spoilers. BEFORE you ask LOL YES i have offered to purchase the parts and the whole freakin cars from both of these people but for some odd reason they have fallen in love with their cars (lol go figure). I have been able to find spare bumpers in red, blue, and just today, green, however it will cost way to much to get them painted to my car. I have also thought about switching to sable or SHO fenders and getting the lights up there, but im not sure if i would like that look.

i have a silver frost sho spoiler sitting off my old car. i also have the gray interior rear deck panel to get rid of 3rd brake light. $75 plus shipping for both peices.
[/b]
I already have the rear deck carpet because i changed my 3rd light to an LED strip, however i would prefer to get the whole trunk lid to go with the spoiler. I am afraid that if i were to try and drill my own holes to mount the spoiler i would only mess it up. Thank you however for reading my post and offering. I will keep you in mind as a back up if i cant find the whole unit, and maybe ill just have a local body shop do the install.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts