Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My newly acquired Gen 1 Taurus wagon's suspension in the rear needs an overhaul. The brakes in the rear are great, but the shocks are factory, and so are the springs. So are any of the bushings.

I would like to increase the vehicles handling and control...reason being, the car isn't exactly a speed demon, so would like to make up for that with better handling/control.

So time to upgrade what's back there. Here is a list of what I had in mind:
(2) KYB Part # KG5567 Gas-A-Just shocks
(2) DEEZA Part # MRL611 (rear stabilizer bar links)
(2) Duralast RCS857V (rebranded Moog CC857s, much cheaper)
(2) MOOG Part # K80047 or K80048 rear sway bar bushings

I thought I read of some camber/caster kit for wagons you can buy to increase adjustability of alignment in the rear? Am I forgetting anything else? Do the strut rod bushings need any attention?
Going to leave bearing and hub alone as they were dealt with recently.

·
'MT5 Plus' Wagon Builder
1,235 Posts
The wagon rear suspension is nearly indestructable. Your on the right track, tighten up the swaybar and new shocks- then see if a next step is needed at all.

SHO front swaybar in the future I'm guessing?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh so springs really don't wear out in the rear?

·
'MT5 Plus' Wagon Builder
1,235 Posts
Not had a issue yet although mine is not touching the ground right now, and hasn't for almost 2 months.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oops and to answer your question, not going to put the front 24mm SHO bar on...probably just buy new bushings for the current front bar. Unless it's a good fit for the wagon (I think my car has a 15mm in the rear, not sure need to get a caliper to measure unless this is a known fact).

Ah yours is still airborn?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts