Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that my headlight harness is starting to look melted. Sometimes, my lights won't come on. I looked for recalls, or TSB's about this and found nothing. Does anyone have a spare headlight switch and that harness that connects to it? I'm looking for a non-melted one, with plenty of extra wire.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Which socket is melted? Probably one of the headlight ones <_< I would suggest just going with an aftermarket harness...the stock harness is taped up with the other wires for parking lights, turn signal, and a bunch of other stuff that would make it difficult to take out. As for the switch, look for a switch from a Taurus made after '92. I've heard issues about headlight switches made before 1992.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm talking about the harness that's attached to the headlight switch. The plastic between all the different contacts is starting to melt.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
You mean the big plastic socket that connects to the headlight switch itself? Do you want the whole harness, or can you make do with just the socket with wires sticking out of it?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm a little confused at your reply. I want the switch iteself, and the harness/wires attached to it.

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Adam, there was a recall for that problem. I don't recall if it affected 1991, but the problem you're describing is what was addressed by the recall, verbatum. Look up the TSB's for your car, get the recall #, and contact your Ford dealer for the switch and new harness.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts