Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to turn this family wagon around to a sportier look.

I was wondering if i could get some brands out there for aftermarket springs for the 1988 Ford Taurus GL 3.0v6 that would lower the car while giving it harder suspension. Any help would be great. Thank you from a taurus enthusiast.

·
Registered
524 Posts

I was wondering if i could get some brands out there for aftermarket springs for the 1988 Ford Taurus GL 3.0v6 that would lower the car while giving it harder suspension. Any help would be great. Thank you from a taurus enthusiast.
[/b]
Canuck Motorsport lowering springs fit 86-95 Taurus and give it a 2.25" front and rear drop. There cheaper than Intrax and Sprint springs as well.

·
Registered
799 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
Canuck Motorsport lowering springs fit 86-95 Taurus and give it a 2.25" front and rear drop. There cheaper than Intrax and Sprint springs as well.
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, but do they fit a wagon? Wagon front springs are the same as the sedans, but the rear springs are different.

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/Susptab...=&brand=all

Check that link. Tire Rack is having a closeout sale on Eibach springs for the wagon ($129!) and KYB rear shocks. KYB front struts are $53 each. Very good bargains!

·
Registered
524 Posts
My bad on the Intrax. Here's the link on the Canuck Motorsport Wagon Springs :

http://www.canuckmotorsports.com/car_cat.html#FORD

They sell them for $143 a set through their ebay store. The company makes springs for various other spring companies for the last 25yrs and started the Canuck Motorsport retail line a couple of years ago. Good guys to deal with, when I ordered my set they were out of stock so I had to wait another 2 weeks so they gave me a discount on the price.

PS : And yes Zep, Its taking me forever to install these springs! :lol2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts