Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are trying to gauge interest in Lowering Springs for the Gen3 and Gen4 (96-07) Taurus and SHO. We plan to make a set for both the V6 and V8. Things have fallen though with Intrax so we are moving on to a different vendor which requires a group buy of 20 people total. So please let us know if you are interested.

When you order please let us know your forum name.

We now have the SHO Source Gen3 Lowering Springs up: SHO Source

V8
1. Siman (SHO Forum) (Paid)
2. nc89sho (SHO Forum)
3. Izzmo (SHO Forum) (Paid)
4. 99shotime (SHO Forum) (Paid)
5. Eric Dominguez (SHOCal)
6. 1995mtxsho (SHO Forum)
7. Dave Kegel (SHO Forum)
8. jimtash (SHO Forum) (Paid)
9. St Louis SHO (SHO Forum)
10. LutherSHO (SHO Forum)
11. oldsho (SHO Forum)
12. alecracing (Paid)

V6.
1. Brian_05_SEL (TSOC)
2. antball54 (SHOCal)
3. tesmith47
4. Brian_05_SEL (TSOC)
5. Brian_05_SEL (TSOC)
6. Robert/ Vashthestanbeto (TSOC)
7. RedBull03 (TSOC)
8. JATO- inbetween (Paid)
9. adio25- inbetween
10. boardboy33
11. Pheonix (SHO Forum)
12. darkstallion440
13. michakaveli (TSOC)
14. kbcnick
15. badkarma
16. 03FordTaurus
17. fijisac
18. TourDeForce (TSOC)
19. tehrookie (TSOC)
20. leolfds (TSOC)
21. Dark_Fire (TSOC)
22. Fostertsn
23. lucky13 (SHOCal) (Paid)

Total : 7

·
Registered
374 Posts
What kind of specs? How much of a drop in the front and back? Spring rates? Firmer than OE?

The biggest thing for me is this. I need struts and springs on my G4 and I have been pondering this since I picked the car up. Monroe Quickstruts don't give me what I want, slightly lower and stiffer handling. The obvious solution would be lowering springs and the Selex struts, but then we are looking at $1,300. The biggest issue comes from spending a little more and getting the Selex coilovers :lol2:

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
If there is such thing as a spring that could drop the car around 1.5" or 1.7" and be usable with kyb struts count many people in! Linus are just so damn expensive.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What kind of specs? How much of a drop in the front and back? Spring rates? Firmer than OE?

The biggest thing for me is this. I need struts and springs on my G4 and I have been pondering this since I picked the car up. Monroe Quickstruts don't give me what I want, slightly lower and stiffer handling. The obvious solution would be lowering springs and the Selex struts, but then we are looking at $1,300. The biggest issue comes from spending a little more and getting the Selex coilovers :lol2:
If there is such thing as a spring that could drop the car around 1.5" or 1.7" and be usable with kyb struts count many people in! Linus are just so damn expensive.
We plan to match the Intrax/B&G spec which is around a 1.5" and 1.0 rear drop.

The front would be around 250lb/in and 200lb/in rear. They should be usable wit hthe current struts.

If you want them let me know and I will add you to the list.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'd be interested, but those spring rates seem overly firm. Aren't the Eibach's closer to 150 lb progressive? More information or some sort of comparison to give me an idea what to expect would be great.

Struts are definately in Sable's future, but the springs MUST give a smooth compliant ride in normal driving and offer sporty handling like a BMW. I don't want the car bouncing around the highway at every overpass.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The spring rate is used on the Gen1/2 and the ride is more firm but not jarring. So it will be a little more stiff then Eibachs but not much. I had them on my daily driver.

The 150 would probably be for the rear.

I am not sure what else I can give you for this.

·
Registered
214 Posts
14 orders (I mean... "orders").. not bad I suppose.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Put me down for a set.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Any more interest? I'm really looking forward to getting these springs as I'm finding my Eibachs less than desirable in the rear end.

·
Registered
214 Posts
man o' man.. only 5 more orders! C'mon peoples.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Any more interest? We need to get this thing rollin!

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I talked to manufacturer to get an update. To do 2 different front springs we need 15 orders of each type for a total of 30. If we did just one in between spring for the spring we could get going.

So who wants the V8 and V6 specific versus the in between?

1 - 20 of 184 Posts