Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you HighTechRedneck.
2000 Taurus instrument panel removal.
Does anyone know how to or know a resourse that explains how to swap/remove the gauge cluster/instrument panel? I have a broken lens for those who have not read my previous posting in wrong category. I have the Haynes book and it is not too helpful. Yes, it does have instructions and no I can't follow them. Chilton's?
Someone suggested Chilton's. Well, I can't find a book that covers 2000 and above.
If anyone has removed the instrument cluster I would appreciate instructions.
The Hayne's mentions the transmission range selector. Is this just an electrical plug? I would hate to break/damage this in removing instrument cluster.
Thanks to all who have read my posting. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: I think the Hayne's book says remove radio first. Does this sound right?

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
no chilton's for gen4 (or gen3?)..only haynes :)

but you're right...first you remove the radio. then the kick panel below the steering wheel (the screws should be easy to figure out while you're doing this...just make sure you have the right sizes). then 2 screws in front of and above the cluster, and one to the right of the steering column. then you can pull down the panel that is right behind the radio and to the right of the steering wheel. then if you just want to replace the lens, i think you can remove it without any problems right htere without pulling out the entire cluster. don't pull it out if you don't have to, there's no point ;)

sorry if im confusing...thinking too quick for my hands to type :D

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for information. The Hayne's book states remove headlight switch.
Is this part of removing instrument cluster?

·
Registered
336 Posts
you need to remove the headlight switch to take the upper trim off, but it's easy topop out from behind, then unplug the 2 harnesses.

The Tranny indicator has 2 black T10 Torx screws holding it into the cluster. Remove these scews and the indicator slides out the bottom of the cluster.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Originally posted by j0rd4n@Aug 12 2004, 10:30 AM
This is old, but there are both Chilton's and Haynes manuals for the Gen III, which I believe includes MY2000. I don't know if they have them for the later GEN IV.

JR

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Originally posted by godspunk32+Apr 3 2005, 08:28 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (godspunk32 @ Apr 3 2005, 08:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-j0rd4n@Aug 12 2004, 10:30 AM
This is old, but there are both Chilton's and Haynes manuals for the Gen III, which I believe includes MY2000. I don't know if they have them for the later GEN IV.

JR [/b][/quote]
nope, no books out for the later gen4's yet. wish there were though. :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts