Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much is gas where everyone is? its $2ish a gallon here for 93 (what i put in) and it cost me like 30-40 bucks a week in gas

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
if u dont have a chip, its not worth puttin in 93, just use 91 or 89 in there, i believe the car is programmed for 89 anyway

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
I pay (well company I work for) pays $2.35/gallon for 91

·
Registered
397 Posts
87 octane - $1.60 in my colorado city.
FYI - the vulcans need 87 gas, lower is not real good, but higher is not a "treat".
With our USA dollar being what it is, I can see $1.29 a gallon, but they are getting stupid with it.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
The prices are a biatch, but it's wierd for me: My Duratec gets substantially better gas mileage on 93 than on 87 (this is a problem I'm still trying to work out.) With 93, I'm getting ~15 miles per dollar, while with 87, i'm getting 12.9.

So, I'll just sit back and complain about 25mpg on a 118k Duratec (city/highway, last)

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Around 1.50 for the name brands and cheaper for the indenpendent here on Coastal SC

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Man!! All you guys be complainin about gas prices when I had to pay 85 cents for a freakin ltire goin accross CAnada!! a gallon is like 3.8 litres!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
It's around $1.90 on Long Island.

85 cents a liter is about $2.70 a gallon.

It's crazy how much gas is costing over here. If I hit the lotto, I'm gonna open a gas station.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Ditto; NYC is hitting around 1.80 for 87 and nearing $2 for the premium. Hey think of it this way; in Europe they pay around $5 a GALLON.

·
Registered
470 Posts
The 7-11 down the street from me is at $1.85 for 87 and $2.01 for 93, ridiculous I say....

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Originally posted by 93taurusSX@Mar 3 2004, 11:08 PM
Ditto; NYC is hitting around 1.80 for 87 and nearing $2 for the premium. Hey think of it this way; in Europe they pay around $5 a GALLON.
Thankfully, a European COUNTRY is the size of a typical American STATE. They don't have far to drive, and they have plenty of other transit systems available.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Originally posted by Majisto+Mar 3 2004, 11:22 PM-->QUOTE (Majisto @ Mar 3 2004, 11:22 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-93taurusSX
@Mar 3 2004, 11:08 PM
Ditto; NYC is hitting around 1.80 for 87 and nearing $2 for the premium.  Hey think of it this way; in Europe they pay around $5 a GALLON.
Thankfully, a European COUNTRY is the size of a typical American STATE. They don't have far to drive, and they have plenty of other transit systems available. [/b]
Plus, they all drive UberDiesels getting awesome gas mileage anyway, and it's not hazardous to just walk or bike over there

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
the cheapests here is $1.72 for 87 Octane... Thank you very much President Bush for pissing off the rest of the world...

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Originally posted by rsgnome@Mar 4 2004, 08:14 AM
Thank you very much President Bush for pissing off the rest of the world...
Not wanting to get into political debate over the subject
(I'll save that for the debate forum) but, it certainly was not the President that caused this...It was simply OPEC (Oil Producing European Countries) that cut their production by something like 25-35% a day, to drive up prices to increase their profit margin.

Please remember that this is only my opinion.

If you would like we can debate this in the debates forum, just post a thread.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Originally posted by Majisto+Mar 4 2004, 12:22 AM-->QUOTE (Majisto @ Mar 4 2004, 12:22 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-93taurusSX
@Mar 3 2004, 11:08 PM
Ditto; NYC is hitting around 1.80 for 87 and nearing $2 for the premium.  Hey think of it this way; in Europe they pay around $5 a GALLON.
Thankfully, a European COUNTRY is the size of a typical American STATE. They don't have far to drive, and they have plenty of other transit systems available. [/b]
Well it goes the other way; the reason diesels are so popular in Europe is due to the high gas prices (high prices ---> need for more efficient engines). And even though one country is the size of a state, most Europeans travel to other countries pretty readily because everyone's so close together (even GB with the tunnel going under the "chunnel"). I'm just trying to say that even though the prices have gotten out of hand by our standards, it could be WAAAY much worse

·
Registered
933 Posts
gas is usually cheaper here than anywhere else, I think its still hanging around 1.65-1.70 for premium. closer to 1.40 for regular. unfortunately this is the one and only advantage to living in this crappy state. this really makes me long for the good old days, back when gas prices dropped like a rock, we were buying gas for 0.82 a gallon about 5 years ago, it was so nice!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts