Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious about this. I know gas prices are going up (over $3 a gallon in CA), but I figure it's probably only expensive to those who drive a lot of miles very often. I just use my car to drive around town and my town is rather small. So I end up going to fill up once a month. My family usually takes the van when we go out of town so that gets filled up about twice a month.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I normally gas up $20 once every week and a half. But since summer is almost here, I'll be going down the shore alot so I'll have to gas up twice a week now. :(

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
lets not talk about GAS ... :angry:

i drive 60 miles each way to work ... in a gen3 sho ..

v8 + premium gas + lots of miles + s***ty gas mileage = VERY UNHAPPY TOM

·
Registered
318 Posts
Probably about $25 a week per eah driven car. (My Mustang doesn't count) But, since school let out today for me, I'll not be driving nearly as much until fall, when school starts up again.

Gas under $2.00 a gallon ain't here anymore.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Originally posted by mass97G@May 11 2004, 07:05 PM
lets not talk about GAS ... :angry:

Yikes ! I feel for ya! Last time I was seriously looking a picking up a Gen III SHO premium gas was well over 2 bucks a gallon. I put off buying it for that reason. On another thread someone stated they had been driving with regular with no problems! I'll look for it .

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by Kermitec+May 11 2004, 11:15 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kermitec @ May 11 2004, 11:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mass97G@May 11 2004, 07:05 PM
lets not talk about GAS ...  :angry:

Yikes ! I feel for ya! Last time I was seriously looking a picking up a Gen III SHO premium gas was well over 2 bucks a gallon. I put off buying it for that reason. On another thread someone stated they had been driving with regular with no problems! I'll look for it . [/b][/quote]
Man, if hes feeling the heat, then I guess I shouldnt complain. However, 1.90 a gallon is the highest I have ever paid, and the prices around me are the highest I have ever seen.

I could probably be less of a leadfoot and that may help a bit........... :unsure:

-DC

·
Registered
85 Posts
Well. I guess I am lucky. I get my gas free. My uncle works for a gas company(don't want to mention which one.) and does maintinence on and tests pumps. So he gets tons of gas each week.(Both kinds, both flammable..ha ha) So I guess I got lucky

·
Registered
668 Posts
Originally posted by vulcanalley@May 12 2004, 12:05 AM
Well. I guess I am lucky. I get my gas free. My uncle works for a gas company(don't want to mention which one.) and does maintinence on and tests pumps. So he gets tons of gas each week.(Both kinds, both flammable..ha ha) So I guess I got lucky
:eek:

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I'm driving between Philly and Malvern each day for co-op (28 miles each way), so I'm filling up once every five workdays or so. Gas in PA is about $1.90 where I am, but I bought it in Jersey at a Sunoco station (which is against my principles, but was the only station on the Turnpike) for $1.73 a gallon, and they even cleaned my windshield without me asking...

JR

·
Registered
233 Posts
Yay I pay 45 dollars a week in petrol. I guess a heavy right foot and lots of start stop traffic makes petrol dissappear very quickly. Regular unleaded is at a dollar a litre at the moment.

Oh yeah, thats Australian dollars so uh....yeah

Julian

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Originally posted by wozza@May 12 2004, 07:34 AM
Yay I pay 45 dollars a week in petrol. I guess a heavy right foot and lots of start stop traffic makes petrol dissappear very quickly. Regular unleaded is at a dollar a litre at the moment.

Oh yeah, thats Australian dollars so uh....yeah

Julian
How many Aussie dollars to an American dollar?

JR

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'm spending about $50 a week between my wife's car and mine. We do a lot of driving during the week. :blink:

·
Registered
933 Posts
during school I take the bus all the time, I don't subject my car to the horrible drivers in the parking lots anymore, so I fill up about...every other month or so...or less, I still have half a tank, and I think the last time I filled up was on my way back from my cam welds at FPS during spring break. but work will start again soon, 100 miles round trip, plus premium. as someone mentioned before, that adds up fast. before this huge hike in gas prices I was already spending about 120-130 dollars each month on gas when I work, gotta fill it up every other day. this summer I am thinking about trying to borrow the G2 or G3 vulcan to drive to work, or at least switch off the chip and run on regular programming, so I can get away with regular gas. fuel prices suck!

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
The Taurus, probably about $25 a week, all my cars, closer to $75ish, maybe $100 a week if I do a little more than normal driving.... especially since it jumped to an all time high (in Indy) of $2.06 a gallon for the cheap stuff the other day :eek: Although I have seen pics of over $3 a gallon in CA... its crazy....

·
Registered
193 Posts
I drive almost 60 miles each way to work. I live in DE and work in NJ so I get gas in Jersey. I usually get about 3 days on a tank and I get about 26 MPG (and that's with my lead foot). It usualy costs me about $25 to fill up. So I spend about 50 bucks a week in gas.

What is funny is Jersey is the cheapest in the tri-state area and it is the only state around that you can't pump your own gas (it's illegal). Hmm, pumping my gas for me and cheaper...I'll take that!! Too bad everything else in Jersey is so frickin' expensive.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Jersey's gas is so cheap because the stations pay less in insurance. States that allow motorists to pump their own gas pay out the @$$ in insurance, so obviously, that cost is passed along to the customer. Whenever I'm home in Jersey, I pump my own gas, because I don't want the "petroleum transfer technician" to not put the gas cap on all the way, causing the CEL to come on telling me that I'm an idiot because the pressure in the tank has changed...

JR

PS- Jersey Rules!

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Well I too am lucky I guess, I have a company car and gas card. My gas bill is probably somewhere been $230-270 a month, I don't knoe because I never see the bill.I drive the company car home every day. I commute 54 miles to work one way, thats 108 miles a day round trip. I gas up about every 3-4 days at about $2.40/gallon. I gas up my bull about twice a month or so.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts