Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 SHO 3.5 twin turbo and at times when I give it gas nothing happens for a second before it kicks in/accelerates. Like a delay where its in a dead zone..is this common with this model?
Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help...yes I have a 2012 and live in Florida.the delay or dead spot is always on the boost or acceleration not down shift...just wanted to be sure there is nothing wrong with the car/transmission/turbo..and its nothing to worry about for the long term...not sure what drive by wire is..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks..so aside from it being a bit annoying...its nothing that will get worse or eventually have to be fixed with big money?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a 2011 Limited AWD (non-turbo). The delay is intermittent. I notice it when I pull out into traffic. Sometimes I mash the peddle and nothing for a second or so. The paddle shifters are also slow to respond, which makes them almost useless.

One thing I have been tempted to try is to logon with ForScan and Clear Transmission Adaptive Tables and Reset All Adaptations. Word is that this will improve performance by forcing the car to relearn these from scratch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts