Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Sable with the Duratec engine. After the vehicle is warm, if I shut it off for a half hour or so, I get a blast of fuel odor when I start it up again. I have looked for fuel leaks and cannot seem to find any. Also, twice now, I've received a miss fire code for cyl. #6. Both times it had happened, it rained the day before. Has anyone else had these problems?

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
If I remember reading right, some of the 2000's Computers didnt get programemd correctly...and if you have the plastic intake I'd be careful...there was a post on the plastic intakes "blowing up", dont no if your problem sides with this or not....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does have the plastic intake. In fact, because of this thin material, the intake "Hiss" is so loud it sounds like a vacuum leak. I know it isn't leaking because the idle is smooth and normal. I've sprayed around the intake with carb cleaner hoping to hear a change in idle. So far it's OK. Back to your computer comments, if the programming is wrong, what is the best way to get it "flashed" or reprogrammed? I'm also wondering if the gas odor is due to leaky injectors?

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by dsparks@Feb 20 2004, 10:45 AM
It does have the plastic intake. In fact, because of this thin material, the intake "Hiss" is so loud it sounds like a vacuum leak. I know it isn't leaking because the idle is smooth and normal. I've sprayed around the intake with carb cleaner hoping to hear a change in idle. So far it's OK. Back to your computer comments, if the programming is wrong, what is the best way to get it "flashed" or reprogrammed? I'm also wondering if the gas odor is due to leaky injectors?
take it to a dealer, they should fix it free of charge, it was a recall.

-DC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts