Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the title pretty much says it all. Are there any turbo or supercharger kits out there for a 2001 Ford Taurus SE?

If not, are there any other good upgrades I can do to add a few more horses? I have a high performance exhaust I'm sticking on soon enough.
I've been looking around for intakes, but it seems as though there's no cold air intakes. Just K&N air filters. Will that suffice? What else is there? I'm slowly getting into the whole car world stuff. Any and all help would be nice. Thanks.

·
Registered
108 Posts
It will cost as much as your car is worth.

·
Super Moderator
8,732 Posts
You car came with a cold air intake from the factory. A "high performance" exhaust will add noise, but virtually zero more power.

If you are just getting into the world of fixing / modding cars, trying to add a custom made supercharger or turbocharger isnt the place to start. Not only will virtually all parts need to be designed and fabricated and the PCM tuned on a dyno, the tranny wont last long without serious internal work. If you have someone else do the work, plan on having to spend $10,000+ to have it done right.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You guys are killin' me. I love my Taurus, and plan on doing tons of mods to it. (Already got lambo doors on it. lol) but I want to add some real horsepower before I attempt to make it look fast. Having a car that's all bark and no bite is dumb, imo. :(

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Would I be able to add more engine mods if the engine/tranny were swapped with a different one? If so, what would fit? What would work?

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Would I be able to add more engine mods if the engine/tranny were swapped with a different one? If so, what would fit? What would work?
You could do a V8 Swap w/ manual:

You could do a Continental swap but I have yet to see a running swap work.

You could do a V6 SHO w/manual swap:

Now you can still do a turbo but there is no kit. You would just have to fabricate you own parts and do some research. Not saying it can't but you would be on your own. The Contour guys are swapping in your motor and installing turbos regularly. Also the Noble used your motor and twin turbos it.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Easily? Yes.

If you have good custom fabrication skills you can do it. Like I said the Contour guys have been doing it. A turbo could be done.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And I'd suppose swapping out the engine from my current car with an older SHO isn't exactly going to be a cheap/easy thing, huh?

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Well both have been done so you would need to talk to the people who did it. They will take work though.

You can go for a Continental swap but I have not seen a running swap yet.

You can try for a turbo on your own.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts