Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm new to the Taurus club. I have 2002 Taurus SE sedan with no sunroof. I have always wanted to change the bulbs in the dome light (me and my friends call them the indoor headlights, too too bright). I know there are 3 separate bulbs, one for when the door are open and then 2 map lights(one for the driver / one for the passenger) and I would be interested in replacing them all but do not know how hard it is because I've never been able to access the module that holds the bulbs. If anyone can help me with the specific bulb types and installation tips for removing the light assembly and replacing the specific bulbs it would be greatly greatly appreciated. I've had my taurus for 3 years and she's been my favorite car thus far due to being so reliable and such a trooper. Any help would make my day. Thanks alot y'all.

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
Welcome to TCCA!

You can download an owner's manual from the link here: http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12758

That said, my manual doesn't have a word about removing the bezel. There is a square notch in the lens at the back, up against the headliner. Insert a wide flat-blade screwdriver and twist GENTLY to pop the lens off. If the blade's thin, you'll just chew up the lens and/or the plastic bulb-holder.

According to my 04 manual, the dome light is a 12V6W and the map lights are 578.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
go to www.sylvania.com find the bulb you need.
www.brighlights.com or one of a hundred LED websites.

Take a very small screwdriver like the ones that people give away and pop the cover off.

Mike
B)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks a lot for the help guys, this will be a great sunny day job. once again, thanks again to those who replied

1 - 4 of 4 Posts