Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

141 - 160 of 163 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
QUOTE (dsaucie7 @ May 25 2010, 04:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=806853
dude, great write up :notworthy: Wow, seriously those little round metal clips for the gaskets, :censored: ! anyway, amazed how easy the glue came off, done in 3 hrs :dude:[/b]
And where are the pics!?!!! :)

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Merlot with Centennial effect definitely works!

Here is my car...with some OEM Ford Centennial lights:

·
Premium Member
7,300 Posts
Hey Nick, your centenns don't look half bad either!!! :lol2:

My wife's 04 merlot sport now also has the centennials!! :)

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
Banned
2,124 Posts
i would do it after baking just to be sure that none of the chemicals in the restoration kit would react to the heat. i used the 3m kit and that worked really well. on my sho i just used some sand paper and some buffing compound i had around and that worked just as well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
has anyone rebaked their lamps after doing this? if so how did it work out?

i'm going to be doin this this weekend. the thing is.. i want to add LED strips while i got them open. but... in a few months im hoping to retrofit some projectors, and will have to rebake. but im worried about how the LEDs and the paint will fare in the heat.

ive read that LEDs can handle a lot of heat. and it may be ok b/c they are protected by the lense a little. but i have no idea... projector mod is gonna be expensive enough. dont wanna have to buy new LEDs and new lamps too.

·
Registered
173 Posts
has anyone rebaked their lamps after doing this? if so how did it work out?

i'm going to be doin this this weekend. the thing is.. i want to add LED strips while i got them open. but... in a few months im hoping to retrofit some projectors, and will have to rebake. but im worried about how the LEDs and the paint will fare in the heat.

ive read that LEDs can handle a lot of heat. and it may be ok b/c they are protected by the lense a little. but i have no idea... projector mod is gonna be expensive enough. dont wanna have to buy new LEDs and new lamps too.
I rebaked mine had to seal it again with some new silicon that is easily peel off. Still reused the old sticky stuff. If you use the paint as listed should do well, I have done my a couple months ago, with projectors and they really do look good, and the paint is still looks like new. Leds with the heat I heard wears them down quickly but I never had the need to put in leds. Doesn't hurt to put them in and see how it goes. Re baking is no biggie.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did this to my car. Looks great. But did not seal edges completely and after it rained there was humidity inside the lens. went away eventually.

·
Registered
112 Posts

Sorry...

Is there a post somewhere around that has some good pics on the process of this mod? It looks like the two posts that I saw in this thread have lost the images. I'd like to give this a shot, but without the 'manual' on it, I think I'll just wait.

141 - 160 of 163 Posts
About this Discussion
162 Replies
67 Participants
mikeluscher159
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing