Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 40 of 163 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
yeah body colored would be cool, especially on a blue one or something. On a silver car, idk if it would be worth it since silver is almost the same as crome.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
yeah body colored would be cool, especially on a blue one or something. On a silver car, idk if it would be worth it since silver is almost the same as crome.
[/b]
well the biggest plus for me would be to clean the inside of the light out so i wouldnt care too much. and the inside of my light is already black anyways

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
Is this legal for like reflectivity? If it is legal, I may jump in the taurus and head to the junkyard and get a set.

What temperature for baking?

If I can get some sets of headlights and figure out how to do this, I'm going to try for a black and TRed set of headlights.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Is this legal for like reflectivity? If it is legal, I may jump in the taurus and head to the junkyard and get a set.

[/b]
I dont see why it wouldnt be :dunno:

I might head to the jy myself. If I only had the Gen 4 front end :ph34r:

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

do a swap.. fenders, hood, header panel, bumper, lights, and few brackets...

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

do a swap.. fenders, hood, header panel, bumper, lights, and few brackets...
[/b][/quote]
I dont wanna do all that, BTW I would have to get the radiator support too. Ill just stick with my front end and maybe put an SHO bumper on later

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Lights that look as good, or better than centennials, at 1/15th the price. I dig it!

·
Registered
2,586 Posts

If I can get some sets of headlights and figure out how to do this, I'm going to try for a black and TRed set of headlights.
[/b]
300 deg F

you know guys if you have them open mind as well get some angel eyes or whatever. because if you want them you have to break them apart tooo.

·
Banned
2,124 Posts
im doing this to my sable today i will post pics later

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
lol you just started a new trend

(hope i have this written ok )

too bad i have discoball lol but hey this could still be interesting

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
im doing this to my sable today i will post pics later
[/b]

let me tell you getting the lens off is the hardest part.. they are a pain and you really gotta pry and pull at them to get them off.. they almost seem impossible to get off but they will. my ranger and gti lights where 10 times easier to get apart...

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
wow ford made something strong and supposed to last lol

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Looks real good. ill be doing that now. also cant wait to see the sable lights done

edit:: is there a certain silicone that works best? brand or such, wanna make sure if i do this i do it right, thanks

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
i would use an adhesive rather than silicone
[/b]

yeah i would use adhesive (like fusor) rather the silicone next time.. i got some stuff that said it was a silicone adhesive.? at autozone. if i was at work i would have use fusor 8223.

when i do the next set of headlights with her retro fit acura tsx projectors i'm going to use fusor adhesive

Ryan

21 - 40 of 163 Posts