Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Helped BullGeek replace his tranny fluid this weekend, and while he was digging through his trunk of goodies, a pair of new OEM rear splash guards emerged. They are for the Gen 4 but the pre-face lift models. I tried to fit them to mine but would not fit due to the minor changes in the rear fascia....

Someone please say that there is an OEM part number for a set that will work with the post-face lift G4's.....

In case someone doesn't know what I'm referring to: here is a photo

[attachmentid=27792]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Helped BullGeek replace his tranny fluid this weekend, and while he was digging through his trunk of goodies, a pair of new OEM rear splash guards emerged. They are for the Gen 4 but the pre-face lift models. I tried to fit them to mine but would not fit due to the minor changes in the rear fascia....

Someone please say that there is an OEM part number for a set that will work with the post-face lift G4's.....

In case someone doesn't know what I'm referring to: here is a photo

[attachmentid=27792]
[/b]
maybe i need to dig in mine and see if i have a pair in there

where where they hiding

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
*UPDATE*

Came across a new set of splash guards on eBay that were on sale by a Ford dealer in Montana. The front splash guard part number is YF1Z-16A550-AC. These fit 2000-2007 Taurus's, as nothing has changed. Spoke with the sales rep regarding a molded rear set for the '04-07 and Ford did not produce any as there is no part number for them.

Will have to lock down a seat of molded rear splash guards from '00-'03 and make them fit...

I will take photos of the fronts installed and try to upload photos...

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
* UPDATE *

Finally installed the front and rear OEM Splash Guards.... Sorry about the quick night pix, but there is a small gap on the curved lower portion of the rear splash guards that is present due to the different shape of the rear bumper. Not enough to bother me at all....

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Those look good man B) Definitely better than the other generic "Taurus" ones. Can't wait to get mine on.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Those look good man B) Definitely better than the other generic "Taurus" ones. Can't wait to get mine on.
[/b]

Get on it... They were really easy. The front guards don't need to have the wheel removed, just have the wheel you are working on turned in to gain access.

For the rear I did remove the wheel.

Or you can swing by one weekend and get it done.... Prolly when we get to that detail.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
OEM splash guards FTW! :horns:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts