Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post in this forum!

Some of you really smart people might recall I posted a thread a few months ago about how I couldn't get the plastic screws to come out of my one license plate housing. The light was burned out and I wanted to replace it. Anyways, I knew that it was the socket that had that green oxidation in it and the bulb filaments would melt after a while... So today I finally got the screws out (after I broke the housing a month earlier) and I tried to clean out all that crud and oxidation with battery cleaner. Long story short, there wasn't any contact left in the socket by the time I was done.

So now I need to get one of the light sockets and I'd like two of the plastic bulb housings.

Here are some pics to help you guys out:

They are all real easy to get to... Just look up under the lip on the rear bumper and there are 4 black plastic screws. Unscew with a Phillips screwdriver and they pop right out....

Remember, I'd need 2 of the housings and one socket. If possible, try to get non yellowed ones and cut the wires on the socket as far up as you can so I have some wire to work with!

I'm also in Canada, so you'd have to ship here FYI... I'll pay anything reasonable!

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
If I make it to the yard this week, I'll grab some.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts