Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I want to pick up an SHO exhaust system from the cat-back for easy duals, but after a couple of seconds of research, I'm not sure how to go about it. The G3 SLO exhaust is 2", and the SHO is 2.25" split into 2", which means I could use my same muffler & buy one more for the other side, but is there going to be an issue at the flange?

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
QUOTE (Palach @ Apr 22 2010, 12:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=799296
Hey all. I want to pick up an SHO exhaust system from the cat-back for easy duals, but after a couple of seconds of research, I'm not sure how to go about it. The G3 SLO exhaust is 2", and the SHO is 2.25" split into 2", which means I could use my same muffler & buy one more for the other side, but is there going to be an issue at the flange?[/b]
When I did this conversion to my 97 SLO, I just bought the Duratec "Y" pipe, 2 new mufflers and SHO tips. The shop cut the SLO exhaust out at the correct location and the tec' "Y" pipe slid right on. The factory holes to install the pass side exhaust hanger are also there. Really straight forward and easy for any muffler shop. They did a nice job on welding on the SHO tips to the new mufflers. If I knew how to weld, I would have probably done it myself.

Good luck

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But a G3 'tec dual is 1.75", IIRC, so I'd have to buy two new mufflers instead of one. I'll keep that in mind if I can't get the flange sorted out, though.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
The flange is larger on the SHO setup, and very well may be in a different location because of the SHO's 3rd cat. Some minor cutting + welding will likely be required, but shouldn't be too bad. Besides the flange difference, the rest of the setup uses the same hangers. You may need to have a passenger rear hanger installed, too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts