Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I found a complete set of g2 sho wheel (without the center cap) for 100$, that I would use with my winter tires.
However, I would like to see what it would look like on a gen4.
Does anyone has a picture, or could photoshop something?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
Go to Sam's Club. They have a video (about where to put new tires if you are only buying two) playing almost constantly near their tire center. The two G4's tested are sporting G2 SHO rims without the center caps. They looked pretty good to me!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Tirerack and some quick Photoshop magic:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Ok, I bought the wheels, they do look really good on a Gen 4, I'll post pictures of it later.
I have a "problem" though (just a detail in fact), I used the original lugs from the g4, and they are quite long, so I can't put the center caps on the wheels.
Does anyone have the specs of a sho wheel nut (length)?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Grab the lug nuts from a Taurus/Sable/Continental/Windstar that had wheel covers or alloys w/ center cover instead of the alloy 5-spokes. Any year up to 2007 will work.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice, I'll try to find some of those at my local jy!

In the meantime, here are some pictures of the wheels installed (I know the car is dirty :p But it's not salt yet ;))

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Looks very nice. Are they 16" rims? They have to be with 11.6" rotors?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They are 16" rims (as all sho from 1990 I think), but I have an early-2000 g4, so it's still the small 10" rotors from the g3. In other words, I could have put 15" rims too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts