Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at a body kit for G1 taurus on ebay, and saw the bomber kit available, Is anyone familiar with them? or the fitment of it? is it an easy swap out? are the side skirts in this kit easy to install? i was looking at this site as well

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...%3D468%26um%3D1

and saw he used a lexus bumper, is that a direct replacement?
thanks everyone

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
the bomber kit is horrible. you are better off waiting patiently for a Gen 1 SHO at the junkyard.

the lexus bumper most likely was modded to make it fit.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
I totally dig the painted rear drumbs in that picture. that just screams rice ahahaha. "id rather just paint my drumbs then do a useful swap like put disc's in the back"

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
QUOTE (animex2 @ May 9 2009, 11:36 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=723840
I totally dig the painted rear drumbs in that picture. that just screams rice ahahaha. "id rather just paint my drumbs then do a useful swap like put disc's in the back"[/b]

dont be diggin on nyron's car. he did more to that taurus than other people will ever do. and a damn good job with it too. this was before all done in like late 90s early 00s before everyone else was even doing stuff that wild to thier g2s. he was going to do a sho swap but ended up getting an STI and a A6 or something along those lines. and the engine he was going to use is powering my white 93. i honestly dont see anyone else tastefully installing bodykits on g2s or custom grafting other bodykits onto thier cars. was there stuff he could of done differently, sure but he ended up moving onto other cars before that.

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
QUOTE (animex2 @ May 9 2009, 12:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=723840
I totally dig the painted rear drumbs in that picture. that just screams rice ahahaha. "id rather just paint my drumbs then do a useful swap like put disc's in the back"[/b]
Oh man Louis, you just stepped in it.

Nyron is old school TCCA, at least 10 years back. Mario's right, he was doing things to his car back when NO ONE was. Hell, I'm not even sure anyone on TCCA even know how to do a rear disc swap, as there were no writeups on it at the time. I've always wondered where that car would have ended up if Nyron had kept it.

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
For what it's worth, that is a GENII, if you're going to dis, know your ****. That car was what a lot of us wanted our cars to look like, myself included. It had a Stillen front bumper kit, Lexus rear bumper and sides. IIRC it was also being supercharged. And yes a long time before ANYBODY else was doing wicked **** to their TAURUSES.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Damn, I thought he was just some random dude. Didn't know all of this. Well I guess I need to take my statement back, dont I? :lol2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts