Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ... Well I have a 97 Sable and I was wondering just by curiosity... What will happen if a take out the 2 catalytics in the car? Does it give me more horsepower by putting a straight pipe from there and plug in the sensor in there? I think will be better in putting in a High Flow Catalytic with an inlet/outlet of 3 inches. What do you think I could do? :unsure:

Frank.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So instead of taking out the catalytic out and plus I think it is illegal in FL. Probably if I put the two high flow catalytic will give me some nice ponies with no resonator and straight pipe.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Removing the cats is illegal EVERYWHERE. However,if you dont have smog checks in FLA. nobody will ever bother you about it. Your car will run better without them due to less exhaust restriction. SO. If you dont care about being a polluter,go ahead and remove them. If , however, you care anything about the enviroment,replace them with some low restriction ones.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I agree with snakeeyes, get rid of the cats altogether. They don't do inspection in Florida, so therefore, don't get your emissions or do a visual inspection of your exhaust system, so you don't need to worry about getting in trouble for removing them.

Personally, I would get rid of the cats, or at least get two high flow cats. Your car doesn't pollute enough to worry about. Global warming is nothing more than idiocy for politicians to worry about and liberal filmmakers to make us "aware" of...

JR

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Originally posted by Baby SHO@Jun 14 2004, 07:07 AM
it will sound raspy over 3000 rpm with no cats. Get some high flow ones.

Brad
Even with the Vulcan? I thought the Vulcan didn't get really raspy without cats...I was under the impression that only the 'tec does that...

JR

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by 3.0cammer@Jun 14 2004, 08:47 AM
how raspy does it sound if you just remove the resonator
Pretty raspy. In fact IIRC there was someone that had removed it and was looking to purchase a stock one so he could put it back on since it was so raspy.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do you know if putting a high flow cats will give me some ponies? Probably 5 hp or so? <_<

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yes high flows will give you some more HP. How much? dont know. Glad to see your thinking along these lines though.
I agree with snakeeyes, get rid of the cats altogether
Actually you dont,because I would, and would suggest, installing High flow,low restriction cats instead. Reason? Because the car would be a minimal polluter without them,but even more so with them. Im no enviromentalist,but why pollute at all if you dont have to?? Ever seen someones lungs who lives in high air pollution areas? I have.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.