Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I decided to have my front bumper on my G3 painted, I even bought new park lenses, headlights and grill! Well, I did not expect to be held up by the small stuff. It seems that on the front part of the
bumper, between the hood is a rubber or plastic molding that is held by 9 plastic rivets. I am having a terrible time locating them. They are speicial and I need to find out a part number or source for them. All the shops here would love to just put aluminum, for those asking, whats the big deal? Aluminum against the steel bracket that holds the molding will then be subject to corosion due to
properties created by aluminum against steel! Anyone who can help is greatly appreciated. I will check back soon. Thank You.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Have you checked with dealer? That would be the first place I would check. Other then that, goto a Junkyard and pull what you need.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, I have checked with a very large Ford place about the rivets, I will have to order them
since most dealers do not have them or, as in my case, they have six, I need nine. The Dealer
says they are aluminum with an anodized (forgive my spelling if wrong) coating. This may work.
I am also going to check with Crest, a company that makes clips and other plastic parts used
in fastening parts to any car.

I did like the parts yard Idea, but unfortunately I live in South FL, the parts yards here are
the most arrogant going, they would not be helpful and demand that I buy the whole front end for the rivets. I had tried to locate a Cigarette lighter once, and the experience was to horrible to
describe.

I will update you on outcome soon, thanks for the advice.

SB

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have found out that the part N808426-2100, the rivets in question are discontinued. This means that ford does not want to carry them anymore. Ford does not make the rivet, so I found that Crest
carries them and will for quite a while. The are available in a pack of 25, I only need 9, but extras may come in handy for another time. If anyone wants a great source for clips and other parts for Ford, as well as other makes, you can find them at crestnetsales.com they carry a great deal of the stuff that your dealer doesn't carry or that are broken up when you try to locate them at a junkyard. Thanks to all.

SB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts