Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today we went by a very small dealership that had a 1994 midnight blue SHO for sale...I always stop and look when we see them for sale. First thing you notice when you walk up to it is a missing center cap and very yellowed head lights. This is the ONLY car on the lot without a price on it. So we go ask this lady for a key who just looked like she stepped out of the 80's... :blink:

She gets a key and proceeds to the drivers door. The key is then inserted into the door and she twists it one way and tries the handle. It doesnt work. She twists it the other way and the lock still doesnt unlock. She then twists it back and forth and it STILL does not unlock. She acts like this is no big deal and proceeds to the passenger side door. That door opens with the key. She then uses the "Lock/Unlock" button and the drives door STILL does not unlock. She then finally decides to pull the lock up on the drivers door with her hand. She starts it up, and after the engine cranks for like a FULL 10 seconds...it starts. It's a very hot day so she decides it would be a good idea to roll down the windows. The power window on the passenger side does not work. It does not go up, it does not go down. My friend then tries it from the drivers side and it goes down...but V E R Y slowly. My friend also tries the "lock/unlock" window switch and the passenger side window still will NOT roll down or up from the drivers side. I note the milage on the car, 142,000...the reason I noted this? She just got done telling me what LOW miles it had. :unsure: I push the A/C button...(well, what I think is the A/C button...all of the EATC buttons were busted out...) and notice the air does not blow cold. The display says 60*. After a few minutes, it DOES start to cool off...but the dash starts shaking like crazy with the air on AND the RPM's went WAY up. I then decide I will pop the trunk...lets see what the trunk space is like in a gen 2, shall we? The trunk release does not work. THEN...I notice the drivers seat is DUCT TAPED TOGETHER! The "SHO" from the dash was missing, and the air bag cover DID NOT MATCH THE REST OF THE DASH!!!! The asking price? "It's on sale this week for $2,995."

That woman has got to be out of her FREAKIN mind!!!

-Kyle

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Capital Punishment@Jul 17 2004, 08:11 PM
Maybe she meant $29.95? :freak2:
The bill to tow it home would be more than that! :lol2:

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Originally posted by kjw86ca+Jul 17 2004, 08:18 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kjw86ca @ Jul 17 2004, 08:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Capital Punishment@Jul 17 2004, 08:11 PM
Maybe she meant $29.95?  :freak2:
The bill to tow it home would be more than that! :lol2: [/b][/quote]
You can tow in your expo!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts