Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other night at like 2 in the morning, I was driving home and I noticed a Jeep Grand Cherokee next to me for a while and we met at a few lights but didn't do anything. We met up at the last light before my road and I decided to have some fun with him. We made eye contact. As soon as the light turned green we both floored it and to my suprise I took him off the line. I was a little ahead in first but when we went into second he started pulling away. I had to slow down because my turn was coming up. All in all it was a pretty good race.

J

·
0 Posts
Jeeps are actually pretty fast. My friend has one lifted and it's got the 4L 6 cyl, I am pretty sure it's an in-line 6, but it's considerably fast, even with the lift. The V8's are even faster (you said it was a Grand Cherokee, so it was probably the V8)

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I dunno, after playing around with my friends Jeep, I lost all respect for them. I'm not exactly sure what hers was but, it was farily new maybe 98. It said TSI on the Bpiller or it was written somewheres on the Jeep. And I raced it with my old 86-87 Grand Marquise 5.0. The only real mod I had was a ture dual exhaust and flowmaster, and a B&M shift kit (best $30 I ever spent) other than that, the maintenance was PERFECT. I pulled on her right away went about an 1/8 mile than we had to turn , but it was over for her.

I serioulsy doubt she wants some of the Bull

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Originally posted by D Man@Jan 6 2004, 10:42 AM
I dunno, after playing around with my friends Jeep, I lost all respect for them. I'm not exactly sure what hers was but, it was farily new maybe 98. It said TSI on the Bpiller or it was written somewheres on the Jeep. And I raced it with my old 86-87 Grand Marquise 5.0. The only real mod I had was a ture dual exhaust and flowmaster, and a B&M shift kit (best $30 I ever spent) other than that, the maintenance was PERFECT. I pulled on her right away went about an 1/8 mile than we had to turn , but it was over for her.

I serioulsy doubt she wants some of the Bull
Well also keep in mind jeeps are geared to tow and climb, not race and accelerate. I would imagine thier torque ratings are much higher then thier HP ratings. You might be able to beat them easy enough, but with a chain and hook, they could drag your butt all over.

...not that I'm a mopar sympathizer...

um...go ford, beat chevy...

-Dan

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
No doubt she would pull all over the place and that's what it's for. My car ain't for racing either but, for getting from point A to point B. She shouldn't have tried racing the ole 5.0

1 - 6 of 6 Posts