Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2001 Taurus with the 3.0 Vulcan Engine (VIN U). This is my buddy's car, and we've dropped the fuel tank and replaced the fuel pump assy and fuel vapor control valve. We are ready to reinstall the tank, but we cannot get the hoses reattached to the fuel vapor control valve. They are a really tight fit, like a vacuum line. He was told (by AutoZone guy?) that we need to heat the ends of the hoses up to get them on or off (we actually had to cut one of the hoses, because part of the FVCV nipple broke off when we were removing the tank). Is this true? If so, just use a heat gun? I'm assuming we would be able to heat the hose enough to get it to slip over the valve nipple, right? Any help would be greatly appreciated. His wife is 9 months pregnant, and this is her daily driver. Thanks in advance!

Chris

·
Registered
10,932 Posts
2001 Taurus with the 3.0 Vulcan Engine (VIN U). This is my buddy's car, and we've dropped the fuel tank and replaced the fuel pump assy and fuel vapor control valve. We are ready to reinstall the tank, but we cannot get the hoses reattached to the fuel vapor control valve. They are a really tight fit, like a vacuum line. He was told (by AutoZone guy?) that we need to heat the ends of the hoses up to get them on or off (we actually had to cut one of the hoses, because part of the FVCV nipple broke off when we were removing the tank). Is this true? If so, just use a heat gun? I'm assuming we would be able to heat the hose enough to get it to slip over the valve nipple, right? Any help would be greatly appreciated. His wife is 9 months pregnant, and this is her daily driver. Thanks in advance!

Chris

You could dip in boiling water for a several seconds, let dry and put it on. Little grease might help too.

How about HOT coffee!!:lol2:

Mine cooling right now.

Best of luck.

-chart-

·
Registered
10,932 Posts

Chris
One more thing. Heat guy near a vapor hose might not be a good idea.

-chart-

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, chart, for the boiling water idea. As far as having a heat gun near the vapor hose, I wasn't too concerned about it, seeing as how the tank has been off the car for a couple weeks now, and any vapor lingering in that hose would've had ample opportunity to escape by now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts