Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been plagued with this fuel smell when the vehicle is on. it used to only be when it would be hot and it smells when the car is on in general. i hook my OBDI scan tool up and it gave me the codes 173 and 137. codes are 173 HEGO (HO2S) sensor fault/rich, and 137 HEGO (HO2S) sensor fault/always rich. so i know the fuel mixture is too rich how can i adjust it? or is it that the MAF sensor is dirty, is there too much pressure in the fuel lines and etc? i have and after market intake on it. i have gone through 3 vapor canisters on the car.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Clean MAF, replace air filter.

When you replaced the engine, did you use the same generation? Did you use the original fuel rail? Fuel injectors? Did debris get in one of the injectors? If not the original fuel rail, did you replace a return type fuel pressure regulator with a diaphragm stopper style? Vice versa? Lots of issues can cause this symptom. Has it been same, or getting worse?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i used the same fuel injectors, fuel lines and fuel rail and etc. the engine is of the same generation as far as i know. i pulled a 3.8L out and put a 3.8L back in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts