Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i have a 95' taurus... the car has had some fuel pump problems for a while.. when it first started the fuel pump would constantly run so there for you would have to dissconnect the battery at night.. and such... Anyways.. i moved and the car ran fine to get it down here... but then it sat..

I one day wanted to go start the car and had to buy a battery for it..... i put the battery in .. car ran fine.. It sat again for a couple months..

I went to go start it and it started like Water was in the gas.. i finally got it running and took it for a 30-40min drive.. put new gas in it and such...

I got home with it.. Turned it off.. went to start it again and it would't go... Well i messed with it a few days later and i noticed that the fuel pump wouldn't run when i turn the key...

I bought a new fuel pump.. dropped the tank and put the new one in.. thats were i am today..

I hook the electrical connector back on it and tried to see if it would run before i even put it all back together again...

Well it is not running.. HELP ME PLEASE!

Im not a mechanic it's my girlfriends car im just trying my best to get it going.. Please help

Dustin

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Sounds like the CCRM is the problem. It is where the relay is for the pump and a sticking relay is the only reason the pump would run with the key off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts