Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so aside from my cracked head gasket, which by the way i am going on about 2,450 miles with the no leak stuff. I got in my taurus this morning to start it and it wouldn't start...Ive had times in the past were it wouldn't start it would just try and i would push on the gas and it would start right up.....well now it won't and the one time it did and i held down the gas it went to about 500 and slowly died. When i turn the key i do hear what i think is the fuel pump turning on...sounds like ''shhhhhh". I can't describe it that well....Where should i begin. Is there a quick remedy. I have work tonight and i need this car to get me there :'( Advice would be great and thank you in advanced.

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Sorry for the late reply.
Since a working fuel pump doesn't sound like "shhhh", your suspicion of fuel pump going bad may be correct. Note that fuel pump gets turned on only a second or so @ key on but engine not running. If the "shhhh" sound lasts longer, it is not coming from fuel pump. Check fuel pressure if you suspect pump.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts