Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 99 Taurus is in need of a new fuel pump, so I have been comparing prices online. I plan to replace the whole assembly since its all 12 years old. I found a few things that confused me a bit though. First it seems some of the Taurus have different size fuel tanks. How do I know which I have I know its a Duratec, no Flex Fuel. Also, I checked rockauto, and it gave me part number PFS235 for the Motorcraft pump, and PFS237 if it were a Vulcan, however every other brand was the same pumps for both. Also, on Motorcraft.com i found PFS235 but also PS112 for way cheaper. What's the difference. Last, I found a great deal on a new PFS199 pump from a 02 Taurus. Will an 02 pump fit a 99?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help. I like Walbro's products, but with the age of the car if I'm going to wrestle the tank down I'd like to replace the whole assembly. Right now I'm leaning towards Airtex, I was just hoping the 02 pump would fit a 99 cause its really cheap and brand new

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
To be honest there is no reason. I have a 92 and only the pump was needed to be replaced. Replacing the whole assembly is really not needed. It is only the pump that fails.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
The entire module contains the level sensor and a check valve along with the pump. No need to change parts you don't have to.

I have some used v8 SHO pump modules that would drop right in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts