Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i recently received a 2001 SES FFV 3.0 OHV and when i was cleaning the engine compartment trying to find the source of a pretty big oil leak and i found a sensor with no plug or vacuum line going to it, after doing a little digging i found out it's the Fuel Pressure Sensor. My issue is i can't find where the vacuum line is supposed to come from to connect to the sensor, i am thinking the charcoal canister but i can't find a lose vacuum line, also i can't find the plug for the sensor, does anyone know what part of the wiring harness the wires could be in? I don't have any engine pictures at the moment, but if anyone has a 01-03 3.0 OHV FFV with that sensor on the fuel rail it would be a great help.

·
Super Moderator
7,685 Posts
01 Vulcan was a 1 year only fuel system with the 3 bung fuel filter. Pressure is mechanically related via the filter and pump module. There is no "fuel pressure sensor".

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well this one has pressure sensor on the fuel rail it's just missing the vacuum line and the plug, it looks like someone cut the wiring for the plug out, I just can't where in the harness they might have cut the wiring out from.

The P0172 P0175 codes seem to stem from this this sensor not being able to do it's job to and help regulate the air/fuel.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
The connector for the sensor is supposed to come from the wiring harness on the opposite side of the sensor from where the picture was taken. The vaccum line for it is supposed to come from a rubber elbow on the backside of the intake manifold, if it's like the manifold on my taurus, which is an '02 non FFV, the elbow should have a big hole on the end that connects to the manifold and two small holes on the other end of the elbow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found the plug in the back of the intake, and it looks like the line that goes to the pressure sensor is capped off. So now I just gotta find the wiring that was supposed to go to that plug and plug it back in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So doing some digging i found a thread about Ford doing a Fuel pressure sensor delete for the 2001 Taurus, can anyone confirm if this is common or any way i can confirm this is the case?

·
Registered
9,609 Posts
So doing some digging i found a thread about Ford doing a Fuel pressure sensor delete for the 2001 Taurus, can anyone confirm if this is common or any way i can confirm this is the case?
'01 is a one year only fuel filter, no FPDM. See pic of the part for one year only fuel system. If you need to replace that filter it is a pain but I can show you the easy way to avoid the pain. It comes with a new bracket which is bolted up hidden in the frame rail, rusty and risk of break if you try to remove the old bracket. Toss the new bracket and put the new filter in the old bracket on the car. I would put a hose clamp around it to be safe.

-chart-

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
chartmaker
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing