Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all.

I'm going to need bigger injectors for what I'm doing to my engine, and I think 24's are right. There's a steal on ebay right now, but they're the EV6 injectors, and my stocks are EV1.

Reference photo:

Has anyone had experience with fuel injectors? Can I use EV6-style in place of EV1?

-Dan

EDIT: Nevermind, after some basic research, EV1 & EV6 have different connectors. The '96-'99 SHO uses EV1 injectors, does anybody know what lb/hr they are?

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
i have no idea what mine are (style or Lb/hr) but i have a set of injectors from an 04 duratec with 20k on them they are plugged and need cleaning but can let them go pretty cheap. they are plugged with old gas a soaking might be all they need not sure. my car ran with them but at least a couple were pretty plugged up.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have no idea what mine are (style or Lb/hr) but i have a set of injectors from an 04 duratec with 20k on them they are plugged and need cleaning but can let them go pretty cheap. they are plugged with old gas a soaking might be all they need not sure. my car ran with them but at least a couple were pretty plugged up.
I believe '04 might be EV6, but I'm not sure. I do know that they're probably 19 lb/hr injectors. I found some 24# injectors on ebay for $13, though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts