Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replacing my head gaskets and my injectors look pretty gungy.

Also there's this plastic ring around them that seems to be falling apart and has actually broken off a couple of them (see pics)

they all test good to around 15-14.9 Ohms.

Can they be saved?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,587 Posts
That plastic ring is the pintle cap. Any auto parts store will have replaement caps for cheap. Just because the injectors look grungy on the outside and have cracked / missing pintle caps doesnt mean they are dirty / worn / non operational on the inside.

If you pull an injector with a missing pintle cap, look in the intake, find it and remove it.

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
Sounds salvageable. There are folks on Ebay who sell injector "rebuild" kits with new O rings, pintle caps, filter baskets, for pretty cheap.

·
Registered
701 Posts
If you look on ebay, there's a guy who sells rebuilt folw matched injector sets for cheap. I got a set of 6 from him for the 300 in my F-150, cost me $90 after shipping and I havn't had any touble with them. Might want to check that out if you're in need of new injectors.

·
Registered
338 Posts

Also there's this plastic ring around them that seems to be falling apart and has actually broken off a couple of them (see pics)

Can they be saved?

Thanks!

i have a nice used set of injectors i am willing to sell you at a fair price changed them out on my 99 and they where not the problem it was a bad wire if interested let me know ill send you all 6 give me a offer

·
Registered
338 Posts

Can they be saved?

Thanks!
sorry did not read all the post sorry

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
I used this guys service once, he does flow testing and cleaning and can identify a injector that is not flowing correctly or verify that everything is working properly and the flow among all the injectors is the same.

Fuel Injector Cleaning and Testing

·
Super Moderator
8,587 Posts
^^^^^ +1

I have used Cruzin' a few times. Quality work, decent prices, and reasonably fast turn around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts