Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 96 taurus lx with the 3.0 duruatec engine, the problem is that it will start and runs perfect for about 2-3 seconds then shuts off. so i replaced the following parts (fuel pump, regulator, relays, crank and cam sensors) and still have the problem. took the car to mechanic and found out that there was no impulse at injectors when you crank over the engine and thats where iam at now. he also said there is a fuel pressure sensor on the tank and i should get the check out.
has anybody had this problem or other ideas would be of greart help. thanks every one.

B

·
0 Posts
I haven't had this problem, but the only other thing I can think of is the CCRM (Constant Control Relay Module). It's mounted on the side of the battery box.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you xmann01, you lead me into the right direction, turn out to be my spare key hidden under the car i was using after i replaced the fuel pump, and it wasnt letting the car start, because the was not coded, so i put the original key in and started right up, runs like a new car, thanks again for your wisdom

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
You're very welcome and WELCOME TO THE TCCA! This is a good example of how this site helps other taurus owners. I bet this woulda made a non-believer outta you if you kept replacing stuff and have the same no start situation. Anyway... enjoy the club and keep us all updated!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts