Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to remove my injectors from the LIM and send both UIM & LIM out to be hot tanked. What is the easiest was to remove the injectors from the LIM? I saw a LIM at the junkyard and for the heck of it tried to pull one of the injectors out by pulling/turning of the injector, that injector wouldnt turn nor pull out even a tiny bit. I am just wondering if this is what I will be up against when I do mine?
Tom

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
Did you (or someone ahead of you) pull the fuel rail first?

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
QUOTE (OldWagon @ Apr 23 2009, 01:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=719958
Did you (or someone ahead of you) pull the fuel rail first?[/b]
LOL, good call.

Seriously, though, the injectors are just held into the LIM by the rail and by O-rings on either end. The O-ring must be dried up and seized into the LIM.

The big thing you need to worry about is reinstalling them. It's REALLY easy to damage the O-ring when putting them back in, and I guarantee you a cut O-ring will leak (trust me). The best way I've found to install injectors is to cover the O-rings in engine oil, and insert into the rail first, then into the LIM.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
You might want to just replace the O-rings anyways. They're cheap, and it could safe you some hassle down the road.

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
QUOTE (Mike D. @ Apr 23 2009, 11:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=720134
You might want to just replace the O-rings anyways. They're cheap, and it could safe you some hassle down the road.[/b]
If you are going to replace the O-rings, be sure to get O-rings rated for fuel contact. 'Normal' O-rings degrade with continuous fuel contact.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts