Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a question......are teh use of fuel injector cleaners, crankcase additives and synthetic fuel really worth it.....I've been using these products for 130 000km. Could they cause misfiring in the engine......Also what products ar ethe best to use for the best maintenance of teh vehicle.

Steve

·
Registered
285 Posts
Run a good grade of gas, and have the injectors cleaned by a professional. A good shop will have the equipment to handle the ultra-nasty stuff that is used to properly clean injectors. It will cost about $100 (mine was only $80) and only has to be done every 80k to 100k miles or so. (IMO)

I recommend staying away from crankcase additives. Go look at the "Bob the Oil Guy" website, you'll see why!

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
been using lucas for many year and it is one of the best

that it i have nothing more to say then my tranny was makink a lotof foam with my new fluid so i added the lucas and voila no more foam so i dont really belive this guy 1
he use to different brand of oil not both oil for the same test weird but not to accurate

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've always used Mobil 1 Synthedic, use a bottle of Chevron Techron Inj. Cleaner or Sea Foam in gas tank at every oil change. Never have used crank case additive. I've heard pro's and con's and guess I don't want to be a con. Took intakes, fuel injectors and valve covers off my Duratec this past weekend and I was literally in disbelieve at how clean everthing one. Even the valves were clean. No sludge, varnish or carbon buildup on anything. Car has 100,000 miles. I'm definetely a believer in using some type of cleaner in fuel system and keeping synthedic oil in her!! Seen it with my own eyes :banana:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts